Join KIXE January 21st at the Trinity Alps Performing Arts Center for a preview of the new season of Mercy Street! The event starts at 2pm and we will have a raffle for Mercy Street themed prizes plus a wide selection of free snacks available.
The screening is free to the public and will include an advance look at the first episode of the new season of Mercy Street.
MERCY STREET, the much-acclaimed Civil War-era drama set in the occupied city of Alexandria, Virginia, will return to PBS stations for a second season on January 22 2017, at 8:00 p.m. Allegiances blur, loyalties shift and the drama intensifies as the scope of the war pushes beyond Mansion House, the former hotel commandeered by northern troops to serve as a Union hospital.
Executive produced by Ridley Scott (The Martian, Gladiator, Thelma and Louise and "The Good Wife"); David W. Zucker ("BrainDead," "The Good Wife" and "The Man in the High Castle") of Scott Free; Lisa Q. Wolfinger ("Desperate Crossing, the untold story of the Mayflower") and David Zabel ("ER"), the series follows the doctors, nurses and soldiers, as well as free, enslaved and contraband African Americans and other residents of the war-torn city, as they navigate the new world emerging from the most cataclysmic event in our country's history.
KIXE is proud to bring the First Nations Experience channel to Northern California. FNX will start broadcasting in October and will be available on our 9.3 Channel every day from 9am-7pm. We’re excited to bring you programming that showcases the lives of Native American and Indigenous people around the world. You’ll have the chance to learn and explore through cooking and arts programs, documentaries, drama series and much more. Click the FNX graphic above to learn more. In addition to our main KIXE Channel and World/FNX we proudly also offer Create-TV on our 9.2 Channel. Create-TV is full of lifestyle programs covering a wide range topics including: cooking, crafting, travel, woodworking and home improvement.
The next KIXE TV Board Meeting
will be on Thursday, Jan. 26th, 2017
at 3:00pm at the station.
1. Spin It to Win It Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Northern California Educational Television Association, Inc. (KIXE) and is being conducted as a raffle as defined by California law. Winners will be responsible for taxes relating to the item.
2. Entrants must be I8 years of age or older. Employees, directors of KIXE-TV, their spouses and children are not eligible to participate.
3. Each entry ticket and corresponding ticket stub will bear a distinct number. Tickets purchased at KIXE or from an authorized representative of KIXE must be completely filled out and delivered to KIXE. Tickets purchased using the order form will be completed and the ticket stub mailed to the entrant. Entrant should retain the ticket stub to be eligible for the Early Bird and Grand Prize Drawing.
4. There is no limit on the number of tickets one person may purchase.
5. Completed tickets will be placed in a drawing container at KIXE. On the date of the drawing, a ticket will be drawn from the container and the prize will be awarded to the person whose name appears on the entry ticket drawn.
6. The Early Bird drawing will be held June 3rd for $500 for all entrants who purchased their tickets by May 31st. The Grand Prize drawing will be held June 28th.
7. Need not be present to win. All prizes will be awarded. Winners will be notified by telephone and will be sent the prize by registered mail.
8. Winner consents to be photographed and for name and likeness to be used for publicity by KIXE.
9. Any video or other images used in any promotion of this raffle are for illustrative purposes only.
10. Northern California Educational Television Association, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, located at 603 N. Market Street, Redding, CA 96003.
All proceeds from the sale of tickets of this raffle will be used in support of KIXE's activities.
11. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and fees on prizes. The event is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
12. Spin It to Win It prizes are transferable, if you cannot use the prize you won, you may transfer it to someone else.
13. By submitting this ticket, the entrant hereby voluntarily releases, discharges, waives and relinquishes any and all actions or causes of action for personal injury, property damage, wrongful death or any other loss occurring to him/herself arising as a result of any prize awarded through and assigns hereby release, waive, discharge and relinquish any action or cause of action, aforesaid, which may hereafter arise for him/herself and for his/her estate, and agrees that under no circumstances will he/she or his/her heirs, executors, administrators and assigns prosecute, present this Sweepstakes, wherever or however the same may occur, and the entrant does for him/herself, his/her heirs, executors, administrators any claim for personal injury, property damage, wrongful death or any other loss against Northern California Educational Television Association, Inc. or any of their directors, officers, agents, servants, members or employees, or businesses involved for any of said causes of action, whether the same shall arise by the negligence of any of said persons, or otherwise.